The day before the Installation date myself, Lou and Ryan and our tutor spent the day fixing things in engine that needed fixing. We started at 9am, going down each street fixing gaps, capping models, sorting glitches and anything that looked unusual in engine. Lou fixed the library and Percy Street, whilst me and Ryan starting fixing things such as the height of the railings for the houses on Albion Street which were a little too high for railings. As we spent hours fixing models, snapping things together and re exporting out of 3ds max and then back into engine the scene started to look a lot less neater. The main job of the day was populating the scene and blocking off streets and making the streets looking less gappy and making sure all of the models are correct. Whilst we was doing this we noticed that the Co-op opposite the Municipal Offices on the corner of Albion Street and Union Street was in the wrong place and was actually supposed to go the next street on on the corner of Jarratt and Charles Street. I then started researching looking up photographs of what was on the top of Bond Street junction. I then found a picture that showed what was on the corner of Union and Albion Street;
Although you can’t see the buildings very well here, when I found the photograph on my phone you could zoom it which helped a lot. You can also tell that the corner of Bond Street and Albion Street was also wrong. This meant that these new building now needed modelling to put into engine to make the scene flow and accurate. As everyone else was busy doing other things I took on the task of modelling these buildings.
As I didn’t have long to model these buildings due to the Installation being the next day and a huge list of things that needed fixing, the buildings aren’t my best work, however I will be working on them in order to getting them looking better quality for the next Installation.
After working on the scene for 14 hours we had completed most of the issues that were in engine and so me and Lou called it a night which left Ryan and our tutor to render the video and making the scene populated. I am glad that we did this as the scene looks a million times better now things are fixed.